The Market Conditions Index (MCI) is a supply-and-demand metric that provides the clearest view of where the freight markets are and forecasts where they’re headed.
MCI has many practical uses, but here are a few that brokers and carriers can take advantage of.
- You can forecast what the market conditions will be like in areas you have loads to better prepare for times where rates may be higher.
- You can improve your bids to shippers based on forecasted market conditions.
- You can accurately predict seasonal trends to identify low capacity before it happens.
- You can easily identify areas where you are in demand. You can use the forecasting to position your truck where it will have the most demand and higher rates.
- You can better plan routes based on MCI scores in markets you operate in.
- You can predict seasonal trends to position yourself in the best markets.